December 10, 2021
• Treasurers report: John Kledis reported that we made a small profit in November. We are as a club continuing to run in the black.
• President Brian Carron gave the 2022 Convention update. The dates for the International Convention has been set for 25 – 30 of October 2022. The hotel contract has been signed. The convention committee continues to meet and the structure and the framework for the TO-DO list is complete. Each area is working to identify sub items and costs. The pre-registration form is mostly complete. It should be ready for inclusion into the Jan-Feb issue of The Early Bird.
• Charlie Hensley gave an update on the Mockingbird Run. The 2022 event is held by the Smokey Mountain CTC, and this will be the 10th anniversary. It will take place on May 19-22, 2022 and will be held in Chattanooga, TN. More information is located in The Early Bird calendar of events.
• Darcy Knapp reviewed the CTCI Facebook engagement. She shared the current numbers of members for each of the Region Facebook pages. Darcy further explained that there is a lot of new involvement in the Facebook pages and are growing rapidly.
• The membership and individual chapters are reminded that the Board is looking for input and involvement in finding locations for the next regional and international conventions. The membership and chapters are asked to forward ideas on the following items:
• Need chapters to step-up and agree to sponsor the next Regional Convention in 2023. This could be a judged and/or driving tour event. Interested chapters should contact President Brian Carron.
• Looking for chapters interested in sponsoring the next International Convention in 2024. Interested chapters will need to have their proposal completed so that it is ready for the Sept/Oct 2022 Board meeting. Interested chapters should contact President Brian Carron.
• Garrett Shropshire gave an update on the Website Active Management RFP. Garrett explained that SEO Web Mechanics was the successful bidder for the RFP. It is our intention to complete the contract and have everything in place for a January start. The Board approved the recommendation.
• Brian Carron updated the board on the request for information regarding the CTCI Merchandise program. This request for information was sent to possible suppliers to gage interest in helping CTCI modify the current merchandise methods and cost structure. The goal is to get responses back before the next board meeting.
• The board agreed to hold their first board meeting of the year on January 14 via Zoom (normally a “in-person” meeting). Tentative meeting schedule for the balance of the year (6 meetings – every other month) has been sent out. The dates for 2022 are: 1/14; 3/11; 5/13; 7/15; 9/9; and 11/11.
• It was with great reluctance that the board agreed to accept the resignation of Region 3 Director Cathy Stubbs and Region 6 Director Sue Smith. The board will refer the openings to the search committee who will make recommendations to the board to fill the open positions.
The next board meeting is set for January 14, 2022.
On Behalf of the Board,
Brian Carron, President