Santa Clara Valley Thunderbirds – Greater San Jose Area, CA
The Santa Clara Valley Thunderbirds (SCVT) is the Early Bird Club for the greater San Jose (Silicon Valley) area of Northern California. Currently boasting over 100 family memberships, SCVT is one of the largest and most active CTCI clubs in the nation. Many of our members joined without Thunderbird ownership and then proudly bought their cars following close proximity and personal exploration.
As a member, you would enjoy friendships and collaboration at our monthly meetings and keep abreast of T-Bird happenings via our monthly newsletter, the Early Bird Fan. The Fan will keep you current on our activities, parades, displays and Thunderbird technology. The SCVT Fan has been judged a CTCI Gold Award newsletter three times.
SCVT is a very active, family-oriented, social club, which includes activities for both genders. Some of our major activities include:
- Both day cruises and overnight tours.
- Providing cars for events such as the annual Veterans Day Parade and local high school homecoming parades.
- Exhibiting our Thunderbirds in static displays at shopping malls and car shows.
- Community support events such as the annual Christmas gift bags for seniors and veterans and the Toys for Tots Fly-By donation event.
- Our annual summer picnic and Christmas dinner.
SCVT hosted the CTCI Bicentennial National Convention in 1976 and 1998 and the 2013 Regional Convention.
We invite you to attend our monthly membership meeting in the Board Room (next to the Chancellor’s office) at West Valley College at 7:30 p.m. on the second Friday of each month (except December). The address is 14000 Fruitvale Ave, Saratoga (near Hwy 85 and Fruitvale Ave). We encourage your application to join our club and participate in our fellowship and enthusiasm for our Thunderbirds. Initial dues are prorated depending on the month you join – plus a $10 initiation fee. Annual dues are $40.
For more information, visit our WEBSITE or contact President Beverly Handelman EMAIL.